- Install Python 3 on your computer
- Set the path to python in your system’s environment variables, test by typing “python” from a command line
- from a command line enter: “pip install pystache”, “pip install markdown” and “pip install pyyaml”
- Get a copy of the ePubChef files from ePubChef source files using the button “Download Zip”
- extract the zip into a convenient place on your PC, perhaps in a dropbox folder for automatic backups.
- the command “python” runs python 2, but the command “python3″ will run a pre-installed python3.
- sudo apt-get install python3-pip
- sudo pip3 install pystache
- sudo pip3 install markdown
- sudo pip3 install pyyaml
- (git was already installed)
- sudo git clone https://github.com/johnecobo/ePubChef.git
- run with “python3 cook.py demo”
to be completed…
A hosted version is being considered for those who do not wish to install locally. Installers for windows, iOS and Linux could be created.
- Adobe Digital Editions EPUB reader
- A powerful text editor such as Notepad++ (Windows)
- Kindle previewer or Kindlegen
- Epubcheck from https://github.com/idpf/epubcheck
- Dropbox – to automatically backup your book
- If you like using GitHub to manage files and changes, fork the ePubChef project rather than downloading a zip.